The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) evaluates the ability to use and understand English in an academic setting. The TOEFL test measures all four language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing.
The test has 4 sections as shown in the order below.
60 – 80 MINUTES | 36 – 56 QUESTIONS
Read passages, then respond to questions.
60 – 90 MINUTES | 34 – 51 QUESTIONS
Listen to brief lectures or a classroom discussion, then respond to questions.
10 – MINUTE BREAK FOR ALL TEST TAKERS
20 MINUTES | 6 TASKS
Using a microphone, speak about familiar topics, and also discuss material you read about and listened to.
50 MINUTES | 2 TASKS
Read a passage, listen to a recording and then type your response.
There is a 4 hour time limit for the test.
The test can be retaken as many times as needed.
Why Take The TOEFL Test?
The TOEFL test has a high reputation for quality, fairness and academic accuracy which makes it the most widely accepted English language test in the world. Universities and organisations have been relying on the TOEFL test for more than 50 years.
By sending your TOEFL score to your selected overseas institution you will be showing that you are ready to succeed in an academic environment.
Why take the TOEFL test:
- Academic English-language level certification.
- 90% of TOEFL test takers get into their 1st or 2nd choice university.
- 4 out of 5 admission officers prefer the TOEFL test over any other English – language proficiency test.
- More than 10,000 universities, agencies and institutions in over 130 countries accept the TOEFL test scores as an admission requirement – including top English – speaking universities worldwide.
- Admission to MBA / Masters Courses
- Admission to English-speaking Universities (UK, Australia, United States, Canada, Ireland, etc.)
- For UK Border Visa applications.
- Recognised worldwide (1 million candidates every year).
- Highly secure administration of test (identity check, photo, etc.)
- Reliable scores, making it possible to make important decisions.
- Results report sent to students and to 4 English-speaking universities of their choice for free.
- The entire test is given in half a day, unlike other tests that make you come back for a second day.
- Correlated to The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL)
Click here for a comprehensive list of schools and universities worldwide that accept TOEFL.
Who Takes The TOEFL?
The TOEFL test is suited for someone looking to get ahead in the workplace, experience new cultures and have access to the world’s best universities by studying abroad. It is also suited for people looking to move abroad as it can be used to meet visa requirements for a number of countries.
How To Register For The Test
To register, submit payment into the following account;
Learning & Testing Services E.A Ltd Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA), Upperhill Shilling account: 6762470011 CBA swift code: CBAFKENX
Deposit KES 24,000 into the account. Then submit the deposit slip in exchange for a voucher number to complete the registration. We will assist you with the online registration process step by step.
You can also make payment through MPESA:
1. Go to your Mpesa menu on your phone and select ‘Lipa na Mpesa’. Select ‘Paybill’
2. Under business number, enter 880100 Press OK.
3. Under account number, enter 6762470011. Press OK.
4. Under amount, enter your desired amount to transfer. Press OK.
5. Enter your Mpesa PIN number to validate the transaction. Press OK
6. Once sent, wait for a CBA and MPESA SMS confirmation on the transfer.
7. Send the confirmation message to us on email – email@example.com with your full names.
- You can also register on the ETS website here https://v2.ereg.ets.org/ereg/public/route?_p=TEL
- Refunds for cancellations, over-payment and duplicate payments are subject to a KES 3,000 processing fee.
- CASH refunds will not be allowed.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 business days.
- When you hire a TOEFL Book and return it in good condition after 2 weeks (includes rental date & return date), you will receive KES 1,000 refund.
NB: After 2 weeks, a fee of KES 200 will be charged per day.
If your return date falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is forwarded to the next working day.
A refund is only made if the book is returned in the same condition as it was at the time of renting.
Important Points to Note on Registration
- The registration is subject to seat availability. It is recommended that you book for your test early.
- Registration closes seven days before your test date.
- Late registration closes four days before your test date and has a late fee of US$40 payable using a credit card: VISA® or PayPal® account ONLY.
- Be sure the name you use when you register exactly matches the identification you will bring on the test day. You are required to enter at least one form of identification before you can register for a test date.
- Kenyan test takers can pay with a credit card: VISA® or they can also use a PayPal® account. We also have vouchers available at our test centre.
- If you miss the test for whatever reason, you have to register again and pay the entire amount.
- Get more details on the TOEFL test from www.ets.org
How to Get Your TOEFL® iBT Scores
Getting Your TOEFL iBT SCORES
Results will be ready approximately 10 days after your test date. Log in to your TOEFL iBT account on the TOEFL® registration website and click “View Scores” on your home page to see your scores. See the list of dates (PDF) for an estimate of when you will be able to view your scores.
How to Register for the TOEFL® iBT Online A Step-by-Step Tutorial
2018–2019 Information and Registration BULLETIN
TOEFL ® Test Day Tips