General Terms and Conditions for Online Payments
By using the Learning and Testing Services of East Africa online payment facilities, you are confirming to the Terms and Conditions. To make payment using the Services you must accept the Terms by clicking ” I Accept”. All payments using the online payment facilities are subject to the following conditions; Please read them carefully before using the online payment facilities.
LTS of E.A accepts the following cards;
- American Express
You warrant that:
- You are 18 years of age or over.
- You have the appropriate authority to validly accept the Online Payment Terms and are able to and will meet your obligations in relation to these Terms.
- The credit/debit card used in connection with the Services is issued in your name or you are authorized to use the card.
- You will pay the credit/debit card issuer all charges incurred in the use of the Services.
- The information supplied by you is true and correct.
When you complete the online payment form, funds will be deducted from your credit card in KES currency.
All payments are debited to Learning and Testing Services of East Africa Ltd. Due to the way transactions are processed by the external banking sites, there may be delays of 1-3 days in updating your payment in Learning & Testing Services Ltd records.
Credit card payments are secure:
- Payments will be processed directly by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Credit card numbers are protected with a high level of encryption when transmitted over the Internet.
- Learning & Testing Services of East Africa does not store in any way your credit/debit card details.
- If successful, you will receive a confirmation notice of your completed payment.
- If unsuccessful, you will be advised that your payment has failed. LTS of E.A will not be advised why a payment has failed; therefore, you should contact your credit card provider for details.
- If your payment fails, please use one of the other payment methods described such as Mpesa or Direct Bank Deposit.
- LTS of E.A will confirm your payment details via email.
In case the Website or Payment Service Provider’s webpage, that is linked to the Website, is experiencing any server related issues like ‘slow down’ or ‘failure’ or ‘session timeout’, the User shall, before initiating the second payment, check whether his/her Bank Account has been debited or not and accordingly resort to one of the following options:
In case the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice and immediately thereafter contact LTS of E.A via e-mail or telephone to confirm payment.
- In case the Bank Account is not debited, the User may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment.
- However, the User agrees that under no circumstances shall LTS of E.A be held responsible for such fraudulent/duplicate transactions and hence no claims should be raised to us.
- LTS of E.A assumes no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by the User on account of:
- The delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Payment Gateway or Services in connection thereto; and/ or
- Any interruption or errors in the operation of the Payment Gateway.
The User agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that LTS of E.A has no control over such matters.
Although all reasonable care has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use of any information transmitted by the User, LTS of E.A does not represent or guarantee that the use of the Services provided by/ through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of data over the Internet.
LTS of E.A shall not be liable, at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the Website.
Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details
1. The User agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the User shall not use a debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The User further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
2. The User may pay his/ her fees to LTS of E.A by using a debit/credit card or through online banking account. The User warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
- The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions;
- The User is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate;
- The User is authorizing debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the payment of the applicable fees.
- The User is responsible to ensure sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of the fees applicable.
Payment Gateway Disclaimer
The Service is provided in order to facilitate access to view and pay fees online. LTS of E.A or the Payment Service Provider(s) do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Payment Gateway other than what is specified in the Website for this purpose. By accepting/ agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the User expressly agrees that his/ her use of the aforesaid online payment Service is entirely at own risk and responsibility of the User.
Once the User will be registered and paid the Fee through online Payment Gateway. He/She will not be able to cancel the transaction in any circumstances. No Payment will be refunded to the User.
Payment Refund Policy for Online Payments In the event there is any claim for refund by the User for any reason whatsoever, such User shall immediately approach LTS of E.A with his/ her claim details and claim refund from LTS of E.A alone. Such refund (if any) shall be effected only by LTS of E.A via any means the company deems appropriate. No claims for refund/ charge back shall be made by any User to the Payment Service Provider(s) and in the event such claim is made it shall not be entertained.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Refunds for over-payment and duplicate payments are subject to a KES 1,500 processing fee.
By using LTS of E.A Ltd.’s online credit card facilities you accept and consent to your personal data being provided to the Service Provider for sole purpose of offering and administering the online payment. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our site.
LTS of E.A Ltd.’s Terms and Conditions for online credit card payments are subject to change at any time. Each transaction shall be subject to the specific Terms and Conditions that were in place at the time of the transaction. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact support by email at email@example.com or telephone on +254 712 135 826/+254 20 233 0843
Important security note: Never transmit credit card information by e-mail.