SAT Test Registration Dates in Kenya 2021-2023
The table below lists anticipated international SAT test dates.
Please note that these dates are subject to change.
|TEST DATE||REGISTRATION DEADLINE|
|12 – MAR – 2022||10 – FEB – 2022|
|07 – MAY – 2022||07 – APR – 2022|
|27 – AUG – 2022||26 – JUL – 2022|
|01 – OCT – 2022||31 – AUG – 2022|
|03 – DEC – 2022||01 – NOV – 2022|
|11 – MAR – 2023||09 – FEB – 2023|
|06 – MAY – 2023||04 – APR – 2023|
Kindly note that we DO NOT allow for registrations through agents.
LTS is the ONLY SAT registration & payment centre in Kenya.
SAT online registration procedures
The ability to register for the SAT test in Kenya online, and pay by credit card or through a PayPal account means that students can submit their registrations up until the SAT registration deadline.
For even more flexibility, the ability to submit SAT Waitlist Status requests means that SAT students who miss the deadline may still be able to register.
To register for SAT online at sat.org/register, students need the following:
- An email address
- A free College Board online account, which they can create on collegeboard.org
- An acceptable photo that can be uploaded (learn more at sat.org/photo-requirements)
- A credit card or PayPal account
Please remember when creating new College Board accounts to provide legal names exactly as they appear on passports or other photo identification that you plan to use to enter the SAT test center.
When you create the account you should note the username and password for future reference.
The College Board provides many resources for students interested in applying to colleges and universities in the U.S. and abroad. For more information, please visit international.collegeboard.org.
SAT Test Registration Fees in Kenya
The SAT registration fee is KES 13,000
Learning & Testing Services E.A Ltd Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA), Upper hill.
Account No. 6762470011
CBA swift code: CBAFKENX
- All SAT payments should be made directly into our bank account.
- Local cheques are payable to ‘Learning & Testing Services E.A Ltd’.
- Cheque SAT payments must be done at least one week prior to the registration deadline.
- Refunds for cancellations, over-payment and duplicate payments are subject to a KES 3,000 processing fee.
- CASH refunds are not allowed.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 business days.
You can also make payment through MPESA:
1. Go to your Mpesa menu on your phone and select ‘Lipa na Mpesa’. Select ‘Paybill’
2. Under business number, enter 880100. Press OK.
3. Under account number, enter 6762470011. Press OK.
4. Under amount, enter your desired amount to transfer. Press OK.
5. Enter your Mpesa PIN number to validate the transaction. Press OK
6. Once sent, wait for a CBA and MPESA SMS confirmation on the transfer.
7. Send the confirmation message to us on email – email@example.com. Indicate the payer’s, test-taker’s full names and phone number.
- Test taker Photographs – A photo is a MUST. The photo can be 2 x 2 or 2.5 x 3 inches. It must be recent showing your head and shoulders. It should not have an outdated look (e.g. facial hair that you no longer have, a new and different hair length or color). Head gear for religious purpose, prescription glasses, hearing device or similar articles are acceptable which must match the same look on your test day. Sunglasses or glare on eyeglasses is not acceptable in your photo.
- SAT Admission Ticket – This is a MUST on your exam date. All of the identifying information that you provide during registration including your photo will be displayed on your admission ticket. You can opt to receive a paper ticket by indicating on your registration form or print it from your College Board online account that you create on www.collegeboard.org.* Paper tickets are sent to our office and should be collected a week prior to the test date.
Note: For SAT test takers in Kenya, you cannot change the name, date of birth, gender or photo on a registration once it has been processed.
This information should accurately represent the identifying information and photo on the ID you intend to present on test day. ID will be a MUST requirement on the exam day. This will be the same information you will use when opening an SAT online account.
SAT online account creation
Create a free SAT online account by visiting www.collegeboard.org. Use the EXACT information as per your registration:
- First Name (as per acceptable ID you will present on the exam date)
- Surname (as per acceptable ID you will present on the exam date)
- DOB (Date Of Birth)
- Postal Address and Postal Code
- Phone Number
Online account benefits
- Exams preparation and up to date information.
- Placement information
- Your SAT Records – Admission Ticket, Scores, Score recipients.
Online SAT account gives examinees a chance to print their exam admission ticket as well as view the online scores 21 days after the exam which is the same period your chosen institutions receive your scores. Students MUST indicate on their online account when creating it that they would like to receive paper scores.
SAT Score Reporting
To send SAT score reports to colleges and scholarship programs, find the codes at www.collegeboard.org/sat-codes
Note: Test-takers with active online College Board SAT accounts do not receive paper score reports. To change this default, go to www.collegeboard.org/mysat
Student I.D requirements
For SAT test takers in Kenya, it is required that you have an acceptable form of ID for your exams as follows:
- Valid Student ID
- Valid Passport
- Valid Kenyan National ID
- Valid Driver’s License
If a student does not have one of the above, they can use Student ID Form. This is provided by their last Educational Institution. All form of IDs must meet the following requirements:
- Must be valid (if there is provision of date must not be expired)
- Must have recognisable photo.
- Must bear student’s name as he/she registered for the exam.
SAT test day checklist
Before test day
- Print your admission ticket – you must show your printed admission ticket to get into the testing room. Electronic tickets are NOT allowed.
- Check your photo ID – you MUST bring a VALID ID that bears your full legal names. The name on your ID MUST exactly match the name on your admission ticket.
- Check your SAT test center information again, location and plan to be there by 7:00 a.m.
On test day
Bring these things;
- Printed admission ticket.
- Acceptable photo ID.
- Two No.2 pencils that have erasers.
- An acceptable calculator (for the SAT or an SAT Subject Test in Mathematics).
All test centers open at 7:45 a.m. and doors close at 8 a.m. You cannot be admitted once testing has started. If you’re late or absent on test day, you can reschedule.
Testing starts between 8:30 a.m and 9 a.m.
How do I prepare for the SAT?
- The SAT might appear difficult the first time you take it, but it’s really simple if you put a lot of practice into it.
- The secret to passing the SAT is doing a lot of practice. The more you study, the easier it gets.
- Knowing the format of the exam, and some strategies to tackle its most favorite type of questions, can help improve your score tremendously.
- Challenge yourself throughout high school by taking rigorous courses including at least 4 years of Math.
- Read and write as much as possible – both inside and outside of school.
- Familiarize yourself to know what to expect on test day.
- Familiarize yourself with the different types of questions on the SAT, the directions for each type of question and how the test is scored.
- LTS offers SAT tuition classes to help students get the SAT score they need.
- Students have the option of taking one-on-one classes or group sessions (Max 9-12 students) depending on their study needs.
- They can select the SAT test preparation package that best suits their study needs to help them prepare adequately.
Salient features of our SAT tuition classes
Students are offered;
1) A Diagnostic test to assess their current level of Math and English skills.
2) A Prognostic test which simulates the real SAT testing experience.
3) Hundreds of practice questions with instant feedback from the tutors.
4) Full-length practice tests.
5) Essay writing practice & tips.
6) Personalized study schedules.
7) Test- taking strategies.
8) Exam preparation tips.
Why you will love our SAT tuition classes
- Highly trained & qualified tutors – We only hire & train the best!
- The most engaging small-sized classes. 9-12 students on average.
- One on One support.
- Score increase guarantee.
- Practice with real SAT tests.
- More flexibility and guidance – text message & email assistance at any time.
- State-of-the-art Learning Center – quiet, serene, tea and coffee provided.
- Excellent customer service and support.
SAT study material
- SAT students in Kenya can rent a study guide book at KES 3,000
- Return the book within 2 weeks (includes rental date and return date) and receive KES 1,000 refund (Terms & Conditions Apply)
- After 2 weeks, a fee of KES 200 will be charged per day.
- If your return date falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is forwarded to the next working day.
Refund terms: A refund is only made if the book is returned in the same condition as it was at the time of renting.
What is a good SAT score?
- SAT scores are based on the number of correct scores.
- There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
- The SAT is scored on a scale of 400-1600; the sum of 2 section scores.
SAT Mathematics: 200 – 800
SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing: 200 – 800
- In general, 1200 is a pretty good score; 1300 is clearly a good score and 1400+ is a great score.
- This is also dependent on the college/university’s SAT score requirements for admission.
When will I receive my SAT scores?
- SAT Scores are normally available 2-3 weeks after the test and can be accessed through the student’s college board account.
- Your score report won’t be sent to your colleges until all your scores are online.
- If you took the essay, your essay scores may be added a few days after the other scores.
- Your score report won’t be sent to your colleges until all your scores are online.
How will I receive my SAT scores?
- All students will get their scores online through their College Board account.
- If you registered for the SAT online, or you registered by mail and set up a College Board account, you’ll receive an email telling you how to sign into your online score report when scores are ready.
You will only get a paper score report in the mail if;
- You registered by mail, and you don’t have an active College Board online account, or
- You registered online but indicated when you registered that you wanted to get a paper score report in the mail.
How do I send my SAT scores to colleges/universities?
You decide which colleges, universities, or scholarship programs College Board should send your scores to.
- Send scores with your registration. Your test registration fee covers four score reports. College Board will send just the scores from the registered test date (or you can change this default online).
- Send score reports at any time. There’s a fee for sending additional score reports (fee-waiver users can send unlimited additional reports for free).
You can send scores by:
- Using your online account.
- Including them on your paper registration or using a downloadable form from sat.org/resources.
When will colleges/universities receive my SAT scores?
- Score recipients listed on your registration form receive your scores online within 10 days after you receive all your scores.
- Additional reports take one to three weeks to process after College Board receives the request.
- Rush reporting is available for an extra fee.
- Keep in mind that institutions vary in terms of how and when they receive scores and how long they take to process them.
- If you’ve tested more than one time, you can also consider Score Choice™.
- Score Choice is a score-reporting feature that lets you choose which scores (by test date for the SAT) you send to colleges, in accordance with an institution’s stated score-use practice.
- It’s optional – if you decide not to use Score Choice, your six most recent SAT scores will be sent to your recipients.
- You should still feel comfortable sending all your scores, because most colleges consider a student’s best score.
Kindly note that LTS is the ONLY authorised SAT registration center within Kenya.